Tri-County Literacy Council is happy to offer the following free Essential Skills training. Classes run Monday to Thursday.
- Basic Computer training starts Monday, April 9, 2018 (1 pm to 3 pm)
- Health Care Support Worker Program starts April 23, 2018 (9 am to 12 pm)
- Choices – Managing your Future starts May 7, 2018 (9 am to 12 pm)
For more information or to register, call 613-932-7161 today. Seating is limited.
Tri-County Literacy Council is happy to release its Spring Newsletter. Enjoy!
Tri-County Literacy Council is offering a free course titled “Food Counter Attendant and Kitchen Helper”. This course begins March 19, 2018 and runs Monday to Thursday from 1pm to 4pm for 4 weeks. Take advantage of this certificate program and explore a field with great employment potential. For more information or to reserve your seat, call 613-932-7161.
Tri-County Literacy Council is excited to offer a new course called “Say it with Microsoft PowerPoint”. This fun and easy-to-use computer program allows you to create captivating, stylish, computerized slide show presentations complete with text, shapes, pictures, clipart, and charts, as well as special effects (animation), and sound!
Whether for professional or personal use, this program is for you. If you’re looking to:
• showcase your talent with a visual portfolio,
• promote your business products or services,
• demonstrate your computer skills for employment,
• create professional-looking school presentations, or
• have a souvenir of family pictures
“Say it with Microsoft PowerPoint”.
This new training program starts March 19, 2018. Class runs Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for 4 weeks. For more information or to register for this valuable training program, call Tri-County Literacy Council at 613-932-7161 today. Seating is limited.
Tri-County Literacy Council is happy to offer the following free training. Call 613-932-7161 today. Seats are limited.
- Basic Computer training starts January 29, 2018. Class runs Monday to Thursday 1 pm to 3 pm for 6 weeks.
- NEW TRAINING – Email 101 starts February 12, 2018. Class runs Monday to Thursday 9 am to 12 pm for 4 weeks.
- Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer starts Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Class runs Monday to Thursday 9 am to 12 pm for 8 weeks (including March Break).
Tri-County Literacy Council is happy to share its latest newsletter.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Are you frustrated and wondering how to make ends meet?
Tri-County Literacy Council is offering a free Money Management course. Participants learn to manage their income to meet their needs. Topics include:
- Understanding Credit & Debt
- Linking with Community Resources
- Guest speakers
- Have low income or are on a fixed income;
- Struggle with budgeting and debt;
- Want to learn more about managing finances;
- Are looking for creative ways to manage money; or
- Want to pay off those Christmas expenses;
… this course is for you.
The program uses a hands-on approach. Students learn by participating in workshops, playing games, and sharing experiences, while Tri-County Literacy Council offers its expertise in literacy and links with community partners. Money is a serious matter but learning about it can be fun.
This course starts January 15, 2018. Class runs Monday to Thursday 9 am to 12 pm for 4 weeks. For more information or to register, call 613-932-7161.
Tri-County Literacy Council will be holding its annual “Everything Sweet” Christmas Open House, on December 14th from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Everyone welcome.
Bring a dessert. Enjoy desserts.
Tri-County Literacy Council is offering free Microsoft Word training. In this basic computer course, participants learn to create professional-looking documents. Whether you’re wishing to develop your resume, work in an office, or create advertising materials for business, learning to use Microsoft Word is important. This is a popular, powerful word processing / desktop publishing program. Course topics include:
- Basic Computer Review
- Common Features
- Document Formatting
- Saving Files
- Links to other free community resources
Participants also have the opportunity of earning a second certificate to add to their employment portfolio – a Worker Health & Safety Awareness certificate.
Take advantage of free, quality instruction that is guided and supported by a knowledgeable instructor.
This free training starts Monday, October 30, 2017. Class runs Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for 5 weeks. For more information or to register for this certificate program, call Tri-County Literacy Council at 613-932-7161.
Do you like to care for others? Do you have an interest in the health care field? Tri-County Literacy is pleased to offer a free 6-week Health Care Support Worker program. Participants learn the duties of a Health Care Support Worker, diseases and conditions, the human body, basics of health and safety, meet people working in the field, and site visits. Class runs Monday to Thursday 1-4 pm, starting Monday, November 6, 2017. For more information or to register, call Tri-County Literacy Council at 613-932-7161.