Tri-County Literacy Council recently launched two new computer courses available free of charge to adults 19+ years of age. Now is the time to take advantage of valuable free training.
Starting November 19, 2018 one of these two courses will be offered.
Microsoft PowerPoint – learn to create captivating electronic slide show presentations with this easy-to-use computer program to:
- showcase your talent with a visual portfolio
- promote your products or services
- demonstrate your computer skills
- create school presentations
- make a family souvenir
Email 101 – whether you’re looking to email your resume to potential employers or connect with family and friends, electronic mail is a very useful and powerful tool. In this training program, you will learn to:
- format messages and attach files in standard acceptable format
- create folders and organize your mailbox
- use the calendar
- assign tasks
- create an address book
- follow proper etiquette
- practice safe email habits
These are certificate programs which allow you to add to your employment portfolio.
Class runs Monday to Thursday, 1 to 4pm for 5 weeks. For more information or to register, call Tri-County Literacy Council at 613-932-7161.